At Calvin, everyone and every group is involved in Pastoral Care by actively showing care, compassion and concern for others at all times. The nicest place to be is in someone's thoughts. The safest place to be is in someone's prayers. The very best place to be is in the hands of God.
More specifically, Pastoral Care is provided through our Pastoral Care Team Leader, Linda Blahey; and the Pastoral Care Team by:
- Visiting, calling, sending cards and offering prayers
- Visiting those in Hospital
- Sending birthday greetings to seniors and posting monthly birthday lists
- Mailing sermons and bulletins weekly as requested
- Supporting the Worship & Music Team's Cassellholme Services
- Placing a rose in the Sanctuary commemorating new births and flower arrangments honouring a loved one or special occasion
- Keeping connected with local nursing homes and area senior's residences
- Posting items of significance on the Pastoral Care bulletin board (pictures, newspaper clippings, etc.) and then collating them into a scrapbook
- Placing announcements in the bulletin and articles in the Informer newsletter
- Acting on the needs and requests of the congregation and community
- Providing a puzzle exchange
- Providing lap blankets, winter mitts and hats at Christmas
- See our photo gallery here
It is because of our love for God and our belief in Him that we are able to do His work and feel truly blessed. And so we begin with faith and gratitude. With God all things are possible.